Carl Belt, Inc. and Excavating Associates, on contract with the City of Cumberland, will continue to haul snow from the downtown business district and several arterial streets tonight from 7:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M. Contracted snow removal is expected to continue tomorrow night as well.
For tonight, Wednesday, January 27, the City asks that businesses and citizens refrain from parking in the following targeted areas:
• N. Centre Street from Frederick Street to Queen City Drive
• Liberty Street from Frederick Street to Pershing Street
• N. Mechanic Street from Queen City Drive to Harrison Street
• Glenn Street from Henderson Avenue to Lincoln Alley
• Baltimore Street from the railroad tracks to Washington Street
• Washington Street from Greene Street to Lee Street
Free parking in the George Street garage will be available throughout the week and citizens are encouraged to utilize this facility as a parking alternative.
City public works crews will be concentrating efforts today and tonight on the clearing of school entrances to make the areas passable for buses and vehicles, and will continue to move snow to widen streets and open parking areas throughout the city.
The City also encourages residents and property owners to take advantage of warming temperatures to clear sidewalks of the accumulated snow with the reminder that removal is particularly important in high foot-traffic locations such as school zones, to ensure safe use of the sidewalks for students.
With warmer temperatures expected to help melt the accumulation, the City asks for continued patience as the cleanup of this major snow event continues.
Questions regarding this matter may be directed to the City Administrator’s office at 301-759-6424.