June 27th. 2023
July 4th Fireworks Celebration at Constitution Park
Cumberland’s annual July 4th Fireworks Display will be held at Constitution Park on Tuesday, July 4th beginning at 9:30 p.m. Starfire Corporation of Carrolltown, PA has once again been contracted to provide the show.
In order to ensure the safety of all involved, the following changes to daily operations at the Park will occur on Tuesday, July 4th:
1. Constitution Park Pool will be open on Monday, July 4, with special holiday hours from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The pool and concession area will be cleared of all visitors by 3:00 p.m.
2. The main parking lot located between the pool and the ball field will be closed the entire day.
3. The Park will be closed to thru-traffic at 4:00 p.m. Barricades and cones will close the area in and around the firing site.
4. The handicap picnic area, gazebo, and restrooms next to the pool will be cleared and closed at 4:00 p.m.
5. The entrance into Constitution Park via Pine Avenue will be closed at
6. There will be a change to traffic patterns for access to Pavilions 1 and 2. People may enter and exit the park following the traffic flow from the Williams Street side of the Park to Parkview Avenue.
7. There will be a change to traffic patterns for access to Pavilions 3, 4, 5 and 6 (accessed from the road across from the tennis courts). Access to these pavilions will be from Willowbrook Road to Pine Avenue to Reynolds Street to Rizer Avenue to Dirks Street to Fort Avenue.
The City of Cumberland requests the cooperation of visitors to Constitution Park in following these guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July celebration.
In the event of rain, the fireworks display will be held the following night, weather permitting.
Questions may be directed to Ryan Mackey, Director of Parks and Recreation, at 301-759-6636.