The City of Cumberland has opened the application period for local organizations to submit their requests for a portion of the Hotel/Motel Tax. A standardized application form is now required to provide for consistency amongst all the applicants. Awards are granted annually on the basis of merit, as determined by Mayor and City Council of Cumberland.
This grant program is made possible through the Hotel/Motel Tax collection through the county’s lodging partners and is designed to help enhance the tourism experience, increase overnight stays in Cumberland, and increase visitor spending in-county.
Program Specifics are as follows:
- Eligibility is limited to 501(c)(3) and 501 (c)(6) organizations in good standing with the state of Maryland
- Other organizations whose programs/operations assist in the promotion of Cumberland may be deemed eligible by the Mayor and City Council
- Requests must be between $1,000 and $10,000
- There is no match required for this grant
- Attractions, projects, and/or events supported by the grant program must be located and/or take place in the City of Cumberland
- Applicants must complete the City’s grant application form and must provide all requested supporting documentation in full by the deadline
Additional details and application packets may be found on the City’s website: www.cumberlandmd.gov.
The deadline to apply for this grant is Monday, May 1, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
Applications can be found at https://www.ci.cumberland.md.us/DocumentCenter/View/4094/Hotel-Motel-Application-Fillable-PDF
Questions can be addressed to the City Clerk by email: email@example.com.