City of Cumberland and the Downtown Development Commission (DDC) invite everyone to the New Year’s Celebration, featuring the Annual Ball Drop and Fireworks Spectacular at midnight.
Join us on the Downtown Mall on Saturday, December 31 beginning at 10:30 PM as DJ Jimmy Hook provides musical entertainment on the McCoury Stage.
Mayor Raymond Morriss and City Council members will mingle as we prepare for the countdown to the Ball Drop at midnight. Immediately following the Ball Drop, the Fireworks Spectacular will begin over the downtown area.
A special order from the Mayor and City Council will allow open containers (no glass) on the mall and in the vicinity during the festivities. The area included is as follows:
• Mechanic at Bedford Street South to Harrison Street;
• Harrison East to Queen City Drive;
• Queen City Drive North to Baltimore Street;
• Baltimore Street West to George Street;
• George Street North to Butler Alley;
• Butler Alley to Frederick/Bedford Streets by way of Centre Street.
The following road closures will be in effect to support the crowds and for the Fireworks set up during the evening:
• Baltimore Street from Greene Street to Mechanic Street (including intersection of Canal Street @ Baltimore Street) beginning at 9:00 PM
• Liberty Street from Cumberland Arms parking lot entrance to Pershing Street beginning at 10:00 PM
• Centre Street from Dexter Place to Frederick Street
Questions may be directed to Melinda Kelleher, Executive Director of the
Downtown Development Commission at 301-759-6443 or email@example.com.