REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The City of Cumberland Mayor and City Council, and Historic Preservation Commission, seeks proposals from consulting firms or individuals to provide research, services, options, and recommendations for the development of a Cumberland Historic Preservation Plan. It is the hope and goal that the creation and implementation of a Cumberland Historic Preservation Plan will:
1) Clearly state the goals of historic preservation in the community and strengthen support,
2) Comply with state zoning or planning legislation requiring local governments to have comprehensive plans and a historic preservation element within that plan,
3) Provide a comprehensive review on how Community Planning, Economic Development, Housing, Tourism and City Code interrelates with Historic Preservation,
4) Inform (current and future) property owners/residents on how the community intends to grow, and what historic assets it intends to protect,
5) Evaluate existing historic districts,
6) Eliminate any confusion about the purpose, meaning and content of local historic preservation ordinances and guidelines,
7) Form the basis for adoption of a new historic preservation ordinance (if needed) or to strengthen the existing historic preservation ordinance,
8) Ensure consistency, or eliminate inconsistency, between various local government policies affecting historic resources,
9) Educate and inform property owners/residents about local historic resources and their value to the community.
The selection process will be graded on a number of criteria and submission requirements. For additional information, copies of the RFP packet may be obtained from Ruth Davis-Rogers, Historic Preservation Planner, at the Cumberland City Hall (lower level), 57 N. Liberty Street, Cumberland, MD 21502 or by calling 301-759-6431 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any requests for information (RFI) for the explanation or clarification of any point not sufficiently covered by RFP packet must be submitted in writing.
Sealed Proposals addressed to the Mayor and City Council of Cumberland will be received at the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 57 North Liberty Street, Cumberland, Maryland 21502, until but not after 3:00 p.m. (EST), Wednesday, November 16. 2022. All proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope, plainly marked on the outside thereof “CUMBERLAND HISTORIC PRESERVATION PLAN.” Proposals will be opened at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16th, 2022 in City Hall Council Chambers.
The Mayor and City Council reserves the right to waive any informalities and to reject any or all bids, and to accept any or all proposals which in their judgment is in the best interest of the City, or to re-advertise for new bids.