City Hall will be reopening to the general public on Monday, March 15, 2021. The public will be allowed into City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the purpose of making payments with the Tax and Utility Department or conducting business with the Community Development Department.
All visitors will be required to wear face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines while inside the building. No more than four visitors are permitted in the lobby at any one time.
Admittance to other offices will be accommodated by appointment only, with individuals contacting the appropriate staff member or department, in advance, by phone or email to arrange a mutually agreeable time. Upon arriving at City Hall for a scheduled appointment, individuals must check in with the staff member by phone and remain in the lobby until invited to proceed.
The City is making every effort to keep employees and citizens safe during this health crisis, and therefore continues to encourage the use of phone calls and emails to conduct business, whenever possible.
The optimal choice for payment of utility bills and any other financial obligations continues to be online. Visit http://www.ci.cumberland.md.us/131/Online-Payments for more details and instructions to pay online.
Payments may also be made in the following ways:
• Mailed to 57 N. Liberty Street, Cumberland, MD 21502
• Paid by phone (credit card payment only) by calling 301-759-6409
• Placed in the drop box outside City Hall, 1st floor
• Drive-by drop box at Chamber of Commerce Bell Tower in City Hall plaza
• At the First United Bank locations: 115 Harrison St. or 1501 E. Oldtown Road (White Oaks Shopping Center) – accepting cash payments for water/sewer only through March 31, 2021
Any questions regarding the reopening of City Hall and the handling of business or transactions should be directed to 301-722-2000.