1. The Constitution Park pool opening is delayed and will remain closed until further notice. We are preparing the Park pool and are hopeful to open for the 2020 pool season, however we cannot do so until Governor Hogan gives the order to open outdoor swimming pools. Once that order is given, we must collaborate with the local health department to ensure a safe environment for our patrons. There are a lot of unknowns at present time, but we remain optimistic and will provide updates as they become available.
2. No pavilion use or rentals will be permitted at Constitution Park until further notice.
3. The Summer Concert Series held annually at the Constitution Park Amphitheater has been cancelled for May and June. An assessment will be made in mid-June as to the remainder of the concert series.
4. The 72nd Annual Fishing Rodeo held at the Battie Mixon Fishing Area of the C&O canal scheduled for May 30th has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
5. The 97th National Marbles tournament held in Wildwood NJ, and attended by Cumberland area marble City Champions, scheduled for the week of June 21st, has been cancelled for this year. An online platform for marble players ages 7 to 14 is being planned. For more information visit the National Marbles Tournament website.
6. The City of Cumberland Independence Day Fireworks Celebration, scheduled for July 4th, will be held as planned.
7. All City owned athletic fields remain closed until further notice. We await future guidance from the state of Maryland relating to all sports and group size allowed.
The City of Cumberland thanks you for your cooperation and patience during this unprecedented time. Questions may be directed to Diane Johnson at email@example.com.