Code Violation/Property Complaint

Report City Code Violations such as:  

  • Nuisance issues - High grass and weeds, junk, trash or debris, junk or untagged vehicles on street. 
  • Property Maintenance issues - Broken windows, porch collapse, rain spouts down, etc. 
  • Housing Code issues - unlicensed rentals, no water or heat in a rental property, etc. 
  • Building Code issues - non-permitted construction, fence installation, etc. 
  • Zoning issues -  Operating an unlicensed business in residential zone, chickens kept in back yard, etc.  

Learn about what is/is not a code violation:  City of Cumberland Code of Ordinances

There are several ways to report code violations:

1.  The online portal offers 24/7 access to report code violations

2.  Call the Community Development Department at 301-722-2000, extension 5600

3.  Send an Email to:

We try to keep this page as up to date as possible, but know this might not be the most current link available to the City Ordinance. Please check by typing ’City Ordinance’ in the ’Search’ tab.